Careers Advice to Jobseekers Direct From Employers
Posted: 2/03/2012 5:00:00 AM
AMMA Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy
Have you noticed how much conflicting information is available about how to get a job? Narrow your search for jobs in mining, oil industry jobs or energy jobs and opinions become wide-ranging. That’s why we decided to call on the AMMA http://www.amma.org.au membership to let us know exactly what resource industry hiring managers are thinking.
Direct from industry employers
For the past eight weeks, we’ve posed a single question to the very people making decisions about who gets mining jobs or who starts the next leg of an oil career. If you’re already working in oil and gas or are trying to break into mining, you can’t beat the advice generously shared over the last two months. With insight specific to the resource industry, you might be surprised about what some of them had to say. We certainly were.
Expert advice for jobseekers
So, to recap the series, click on each of the questions to find out what MMG
, Downer EDI
, and thinkSMARTresumes
had to say to jobseekers. It’s a gold mine of information.
- What is the most common problem you see with resumes?
- What elements of a resume are the most important for you to see?
- What elements of a resume do you wish jobseekers would leave off?
- What never fails to impress you during an interview?
- What’s your golden rule about interviewing?
- What can a jobseeker do in an interview to guarantee they won’t get the job?
- What advice would you give someone with no site experience about getting a job in the resource industry?
- What do you wish every jobseeker knew about working in the Australian resource industry?
We’re starting a new series soon. This time around we’ll be asking questions posed by jobseekers. If you have something you’d like to see answered, leave it in the comment section of this post. All reasonable questions will be included in the next round.
If you could ask a hiring manager for advice, what would it be?
Whatever you do, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog. We post every single day and each post is aimed squarely at the person looking for oil careers, mining jobs in Australia, or energy jobs.
Add your comment