Week in Review – 19 May 2012
Posted: 19/05/2012 5:00:00 AM
AMMA Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Mining
It’s been a great news week if you’re looking for work in the resources industry. More training programs have been announced, Twiggy Forrest is getting support for his programs for Indigenous workers and miners are getting high wages and big raises. The resources industry dominated a recent awards program aimed at finding the best employers in Australia proving the oil and gas industry is a pretty good gig, too. We’re focused on our own Jobs Expo
coming up next week in Perth. If you’re anywhere near the Carousel Shopping Centre
today, stop by our stand outside of Meyers and say hello.
These are our favourite news articles from the past week:
- The changing face of mining - With the gap between men and women working in the mining industry is closing, one woman in South Australia is working towards making it smaller, Vicky Validakis reports.
- Thousands of jobseekers to attend WA's first mining jobs expo - Western Australia's first ever industry-backed mining, oil and gas jobs expo will bring thousands of ambitious jobseekers to the Burswood Convention Complex this month in pursuit of the modern day gold rush – a career in Australia's burgeoning resource industry.
- Liberals vow to back Twiggy on 'real' jobs for Aborigines - Aboriginal job services would be overhauled under a Coalition plan to demand that training be linked to individual identified jobs, in a major departure from the current regime and a challenge to the Gillard government, which has been reluctant to make the same commitment.
The Ipswich Advertiser
What were you reading this week?
- If you’re interested in working in the Australian resource industry, make sure to register for our Jobs Expo being held in Perth, 25-26 May.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog. We’re publishing new information every day about employment in the Australian resource industry.
- Lastly, if you’re looking for a job in mining, energy or oil and gas, make sure you visit our industry jobs board where we only advertise real jobs by real employers.
Add your comment